RESPONSIBLE GAMBLINGPokerKing is dedicated to ensuring a secure, fair environment for all its players. We are committed to preventing underage gambling and to helping problem gamblers to take control of their situation.
UNDERAGE GAMBLERSThe responsibility to prevent underage players from gambling on our system is one which we take extremely seriously. We recognize that it is a difficult task and that, until legislation which allows us to verify age via government agencies is available, we do not have an adequate tool to fully prevent it. All players who register with PokerKing must check a box to indicate that they are 18+ years old. Underage players who provide dishonest information will have their account suspended, their funds confiscated and may face criminal prosecution. Please, note that we reserve the right to request documents or/and information from you in order to verify your PokerKing account details. We expect you to fill in your authentic personal details on your PokerKing account as per our Terms and Conditions that you agreed with upon registration. Once a year all confiscated funds will be donated to one of the organizations which provide services to compulsive gamblers.
King Enterprises N.V. endeavors to never, intentionally or unintentionally, target underage players with our marketing and advertising. If you know a player under the age of 18 who is registered and playing on PokerKing, please contact us immediately.
PROBLEM GAMBLERSAs with any addiction, the first step toward recovery is admitting that a problem exists. Most addicted players are unable or unwilling to admit that they have a problem. In this case, the next step is intervention, which usually comes from family and loved ones who recognize that there is a problem. If you have a family member, a friend or loved one whom you believe may be experiencing gambling addiction, please fill out the intervention form below.
For those players who are close to admitting or may believe that they have a problem, please answer the questions below. If you answer more than half questions with “Yes”; please fill out the intervention form below.
- Did you ever take time off from work or school to play casino/poker?
- Do you spend more than 30 hours per week playing casino/poker?
- Is playing casino/poker causing you to neglect your work, your family, your friends and your love ones?
- Do you borrow money or sell your assets to play casino/poker?
- Are your credit cards maxed out as a result of playing casino/poker?
- Do you feel depressed every time you lose your money?
- After you lose do you take your last money (or food money) and play to get even?
- Do you feel depressed or have you considered harming yourself or others as result of gambling?
PREVENTIVE MEASURESTo guard yourself from developing an addiction to (internet) gambling, these are some steps which you can undertake with PokerKing:
- Self-exclusion - Please send us an email or fill out the form below. You can request exclusion for any period of time. Once your request for exclusion has been submitted, it cannot be altered.
- Set deposit limits - Please send us an email or fill out the form below. The deposit limits can be set on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. Once your deposit limits have been set, they can only be changed once sufficient documentation has been supplied proving that you have the necessary funds and that this change will not harm you, your family and loved ones.
- PokerKing reserves the right to impose a ‘cooling off’ period for players whom we believe may be experiencing gambling problems. The length of the cooling off period is entirely at PokerKing’s discretion. All cases are investigated independently and no final decision will be taken without the player’s prior knowledge.
PLAYER RESPONSIBILITYPlayers are responsible for the protection of their own computer. It is the player’s responsibility to learn how to protect their computers with passwords, especially if underage teenagers and children are present in the household. To avoid the fraudulent use of their PokerKing account, players must not disclose their PokerKing username and/or password to any third party. If other parties have access to the player’s computer, it is recommended that the auto save function be disabled for passwords used on PokerKing. Users who are not sure how to disable auto save function of their browsers or experience any difficulties to do it, please, feel free to contact our friendly Technical support team.
If children or teenagers are present in the player’s household, the player is advised to use software which allows them to limit the websites to which they have access, prevent file sharing, and/or allow detailed control over how children access the Internet. Here is a list of some of those programs: